Reflections on a Life

Reflections on a Life

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Blessing and Thanks

For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them. - Matthew 18:20

This past eight weeks have been the most difficult of my life.  My sweetheart of 33 years died suddenly in our home at the end of May and everything I knew about the world I was living in changed abruptly and permanently.  My heart was shattered. I will be collecting those pieces for years to come.

In the midst of these worst of days, though, we have been blessed beyond imagining with people who gathered to lift us up, let us cry, feed us (and all the people that congregated), send cards, bring flowers, wash dishes, mow the lawn and even feed the birds. 

Throughout it all, I am continually reminded that truly, when two or more are gathered in His name (which in my opinion always means ‘love’) He is always there. This congregation of friends have proven those words to be true. 

Although I may now be alone, I know I will never be lonely. 

Thank you, thank you, thank you.



Published for God in the Life of Our Members, Pine Ridge Presbyterian Church, July 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment