Reflections on a Life

Reflections on a Life

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Living Love

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth  John 3:18

I have been involved with The Mystics, a small group in our church, that has met over the past 3 years studying various Christian Mystics.  We have marvelous and in depth conversations about topics that touch very close to my heart and make me ponder deeply big issues.

Recently we talked about the overuse of the word ‘love’ in our culture. I am guilty of that overuse.  I use the word ‘love’ a lot.  I know that I love my children my family and my friends. I love my church and my country.  But do I love my house or my home?  My car, or the safety I feel driving it?  A movie, or the way it makes me think or feel or even act differently?

I believe that it is in action that our words of love are proved true and meaningful.  If I say that I love someone, but then speak unkindly to or of them, then I am not acting in love or truth.  My long-time prayer has been to speak my truth with courage, wisdom and love.  

My new prayer is to LIVE love with courage and wisdom and truth.

Published for God in the Life of Our Members, February 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment